FRIENDS OF KENT CHURCHES
A visit to St Mary, Goudhurst TN17 1BL and
St Dunstan, Cranbrook TN17 3HA
69th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Saturday 11th May 2019
We me at St Mary, Goudhurst for the AGM which was followed by a talk on the church specifically on its fine set of monuments.
We then moved to St Dunstan, Cranbrook, the ‘Cathedral of the Weald’ for a talk on the church’s history and tea in the hall next door. St Dunstan has many features of interest, including a complete early 16th century painted window and a Heaton, Butler & Bayne window which Pevsner describes as ‘sensational’.
For some photographs of monuments etc in these churches please click here.
- Apologies for absence
- To approve the Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting
- To receive the Chairman’s Report
- To receive and, if thought fit, adopt the Treasurer’s Report and Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31st December 2018 and to appoint an auditor for 2019
- Under Rule 4 to re-elect the Rt Rev Michael Turnbull as President and Sarah Bracher MBE as Vice-President
- Under Rule 5 to re-elect Jane Bird as Treasurer
- Under Rule 10 to re-elect the following to the Executive Committee: Jane Bird, Mary Gibbins, Sue Platts and Paul Smallwood
- To appoint as trustees two members of the Executive Committee: Sir Paul Britton and Ven Peter Lock
- Any other business notified to the Secretary in advance
For the Chairman’s Report please click here
To view and/or download the PDF Version of the Annual Report (which has been posted to all members) please click here