FRIENDS OF KENT CHURCHES
The Friends of Kent Churches maintains records of current and recent members. Each entry contains some or all of the following information for each member:
- Postal address
- Membership status
- email address and telephone number (if known)
- Gift aid status
- Method of payment, date and amount of membership subscription payments and any ad hoc donations made in the last seven years
We do not obtain any personal information about members, or potential members, from third parties or public sources. All the records we hold have been provided by members themselves, when they have joined, made a subscription payment or got in touch to update their contact details or purchased tickets.
We do not hold or process any personal financial information (eg bank or credit card details) for our members.
We use the information in our database to:
- Keep members informed of our news, events and activities
- Administer gift aid claims
- Remind members when subscriptions are due
- Distribute copies of our annual report and autumn newsletter
- Contact members for any other reason on behalf of the Friends of Kent Churches
The Friends do not share information from its database with any partner organisations or third parties. No personal information will be passed on without your explicit consent. After a member leaves the Friends, we may retain their details on the database for a temporary period in order to cover potential gift aid or other regulatory queries.
The records kept are on personal computers which are passworded and files are also passworded.
Every member of the Friends has the right at any time to:
- Request a copy of the personal details which the Friends hold for them on its database
- Ask the Friends to correct any personal data which is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- Withdraw their consent to the Friends holding or using any or all of their details in the database for the purposes listed above
The Friends’ nominated Data Protection Officer is Sue Platts. Please address any queries, requests or complaints about the holding of your personal data in the first instance to her (firstname.lastname@example.org / Cornerways, Sandyhurst Lane, Ashford TN25 4PF).