Founded in 1949 as a Registered Charity (No. 207021) and run by volunteers we are dedicated to preserving Kent’s amazing churches and helping maintain them in good condition. We give grants to about 25 churches each year generally amounting to more than £130,000 per annum. These grants principally come from funds raised through Ride & Stride and legacies with the support of our Members. We have over 400 Members who enjoy the opportunity to learn about Kent’s church heritage through church visits and lectures. We are pleased to be supported by our Patrons: The Archbishop of Canterbury, the Bishop of Rochester, the Lord -Lieutenant of Kent and the Lady Kingsdown.